Date: 1/6/21 2:13 pm
From: <wildlife...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ: KVOA Twitter video of Black-throated Magpie Jay in Tucson
External Email

The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum used to have black-throated magpie
jays on exhibit. Do they still? All accounted for? I don't live in
Tucson anymore.

On Jan 4, 2021, at 1:28 PM, Mark Stevenson <drbrdr99...> wrote:

I am not sure that likelihood percentages can made. I remember the
small flock at a rural address near Nogales, now many years ago. A BT
Magpie Jay would be a difficult bid to smuggle across the border, and
there might not be much incentive to do so. Birds like this that
could get to the Tucson area from Mexico might be evaluated
differently if their normal range was within he US, whether further
north, east or west. If it is an escaped cage bird, perhaps it
escaped not far south of the Mexican border.

Jeff Gilligan

External Email

Most likely an escapee rather than a naturally occurring vagrant, but
that's a statement of probability not certainty.

Mark StevensonTucson, AZ

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, 11:39 AM Brian Jones <ravenwolf121...> wrote:

External Email

I just got a video story on my Twitter feed of a Black-throated Magpie
Jay in Tucson. No info on what part of town.

Anyone hear of this?

For the birds!

Brian JonesTucson, AZ--------I shall pass through this world but once.
Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any
fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for
I shall not pass this way again.

Home Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa...

Home Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa...