Date: 1/6/21 9:35 am
From: Dave Nutter <nutter.dave...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Seeking info for Basin First Records list
Hi All,

Does anyone know whether the Gyrfalcon, which is often seen on N Hoster Rd in Fayette, was seen on January 1, 2, or 3 this year? I know it was seen as late as December 28.

Here’s why I ask: There’s a long tradition of keeping an annual list of first records for the Cayuga Lake Basin. For a number of years I’ve been doing that. Past years’ lists are on the Cayuga Bird Club website, and the start of this year’s list should also be up soon, with Paul Anderson’s help.

As you may know, on January 3 a Gyrfalcon was seen near Ithaca. The question for me is whether this was the first day the species was found this year, or whether the bird from the Canoga area was also seen that same day or earlier. If you have info as to when, where, and by whom it was seen, please let me know off list. Thanks!

- - Dave Nutter
<nutter.dave...>

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/