Date: 1/6/21 2:26 am
From: Brandon <flammowl17...>
Subject: [cobirds] Colorado Christmas Bird Count update
Hi all,

The Colorado Christmas Bird Count season is over for 2000-21 (the last day
a count could be held was yesterday January 5th). Certainly less counts
happened this winter, than usual. So far, 14 counts have been entered into
the Christmas Bird Count website for Colorado. I've looked them over, and
we are at 157 species so far. In a normal CBC schedule, Colorado gets a
little over 200. We'll see how close we get to that number, when all the
results get entered by the end of February (hopefully most well before
that). Thanks to everyone who helped with a Colorado CBC this winter, a
big thanks to the compilers who were able to have their Christmas Bird
Count this winter and organize a safe Christmas Bird Count. Hopefully
December 14, 2021-January 5, 2022, we'll have a normal Christmas Bird Count
schedule in Colorado, and everyone can join in again. Looking forward to
seeing all the results and will get another update, when I get them all.

Brandon Percival
Colorado CBC Regional Editor
Pueblo West, CO