Date: 1/5/21 7:32 pm
From: maliadances via groups.io <maliadances...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Greater White-fronted Geese (Foster City) and Ridgway's Rail (Coyote Pt)
Today,  1/5 Chris and I needed to go to Costco in Foster City. On our way we drove by Edgewater Park where there were (3) Greater White-fronted Geese in amongst about 80 Canada Geese. https://ebird.org/checklist/S78726509

On 1/3 we spent the day catching up with some on the  rarities on the bayside.  A trip to Coyote Point not only included the continuing  HARLEQUIN DUCK, but also, kind of unusual for this location,  we spotted a Ridgway's Rail "swimming" at the end of the trail that goes along the east side of the marina. This was during an incoming tide. The rail climbed up on the broken concrete bits scattered there,   and sat seemingly undisturbed by us taking photos of it. https://ebird.org/checklist/S78620207

Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward