Date: 1/5/21 6:25 pm
From: Elaine Faletra <elaine.faletra...>
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] Winter Crow Roost: videos and updates!
Wow!! I have been monitoring your online crow patrol action and student research engagement via Winter Crow Roost for quite some time and this is my first reply. Truly amazing work! Thank you!!

I have a couple questions:
1) what and where do they eat all day and
2) are they likely to be struck by some sort of avian disease because of their crowded conditions? I remember the days of avian flu when you were asked to report dead crows for analysis. Did this kind of crowded roosting proceed the former avian flu?

Thank you so much for your continued updates. Crows are truly amazing birds!! I have a family of (only) 3 to 5 here but they visit the feeders most days and I think they have the keenest ability to see humans through windows - maybe followed by the Blue jay in that ability - at least for my native species.

Elaine
Warren, NH