Date: 1/5/21 5:28 pm
From: Craig Gibson <cbgibson...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Winter Crow Roost: videos and updates!
Greetings all,

The action around the Winter Crow Roost continues to be dazzling!

First, you are invited to check out to short recent YouTube videos that help to appreciate this remarkable avian spectacle!

Working with an FAA certified drone pilot with all proper clearances, we explored the extended roost area during the staging process
as the Crows were still moving around and had not yet converged into the overnight roost area. Every effort was made to follow strict
drone conservation biology standards for this type of activity. Well worth a look!

Link: https://youtu.be/bSdnJ4w-d5U

Second, don't miss this two minute video from last night where we experienced some of the most dramatic scenes during the staging process and while the Crows were vocalizing and streaming towards the overnight roost, as we well as infrared video segments near the end showing a late staging area and then a scan along the roost trees with an infrared illuminator!

Link: https://youtu.be/nEFqX7u5_OY

Lastly, checkout the three recent blog postings listed below:

Blog: http://www.wintercrowroost.com/crow-patrol/

Mon. Dec. 28: with flight swarm action images and infrared images from after dark

Tues. Dec. 29: more flight action swarm images and the full moon rising over the Merrimack River

Wed. Dec. 30: staging and roosting images along with a night vision video showing a recurring group in the same location

Enjoy,

Craig Gibson
2021 Crow Patrol
Lawrence, MA