Date: 1/5/21 8:59 am
From: Fred Kaluza <fkaluza...>
Subject: [birders] Not directly bird-related but close...
Since much birding involves being outdoors and out in the weather and looking to the sky, I’m curious how many of you have noticed the light-pollution from Ontario. I know it’s seen in Cleveland and as far north as Port Huron but, is it visible from Ann Arbor or Lansing? Just wondering how much the water has to do with keeping the reflections bouncing between the surface and the sky. It’s pretty devastating to the “night sky” to an incredible number of people. See Story from John Hartig below.

https://www.greatlakesnow.org/2021/01/great-lakes-moment-leamington-greenhouses-lights/

From Fred’s IPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<SJ0PR16MB4128989898FC0A0306AE03D8F9D10...>