Date: 1/5/21 8:03 am
Subject: Location on posts
Not to pick on Lester Coble who is getting the word out about birds people are interested in, but for Carolinabirds posters in general, I’ll remind you that even though we can all presumably google street names and stuff, there are readers from more than two states on this listserve (and there is a Beaufort county in each) and it is very helpful to include locations recognizable to people who may never have been in your neighborhood. And if you sign your post with your own location that often helps.

I initially assumed the Golden Eagle was in Beaufort County, SC, and I didn’t recognize “Bay City” but eventually figured it was in NC. I didn’t have a clue about where the previous post was discussing.

Chris Hill
Conway, SC

Join us on Facebook!