Date: 1/4/21 6:15 pm
From: Audry Nicklin <amnicklin...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Northern Flicker Yellow X Red
While stopped at Linda Vista Drive and McClellan Road, we saw three Northern Flickers in a tree. I'd never seen so many together. When we parked, we realized there were six around us. Later while checking the photos, I realized one of them may have been a Yellow x Red shafted cross. In the image, the bird on the right has a black malar, no red nape crescent, and orange-ish shafts to its feathers. eBird List S78680134 ( https://ebird.org/checklist/S78680134 ). This is the second cross I've seen in a week. The first was at Merced NWR.

View/Reply Online (#23384): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23384
-=-=-

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>