Date: 1/4/21 5:27 pm
From: Mark Stevenson <drbrdr99...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ: KVOA Twitter video of Black-throated Magpie Jay in Tucson
External Email

They also occur close to the international border in California. The
escapes in the Tijuana River Valley in San Diego have been present now for
several decades and they're actually breeding although their numbers just
dropped from several family groups to just three or four individuals
currently. But they either were escapes in that area or from right across
the border from Tijuana. They're clearly escapes, just like the Tucson bird
likely is.

Mark Stevenson
Tucson, AZ