Date: 1/4/21 4:08 pm
From: John Malenich <john.malenich...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Advice on how to bird the Ward area
Hi Mike,

This COBirds post from last winter should
help: https://groups.google.com/g/cobirds/c/h1Jj9nM06zE/m/SNgQj-qWHQAJ

Click on the link to Todd Deininger's map (Thanks Todd!!!). Ward can
sometimes be hit or miss, but the lower Ward feeders will often have Pine
Grosbeaks and some Rosy's. As is often the case with winter feeders in the
mountains, the feeders are often typically productive during and after foul
weather (snow). As always be respectful of both the birds' and the
homeowners' rights. Watch from a distance, avoid pointing binoculars toward
house windows, keep groups small, don't be loud, park safely and legally,
etc. so that birding access continues to be allowed. Most often in Ward,
its better to park where its safe and walk to the feeders.

John Malenich,
Boulder, CO