Date: 1/4/21 3:43 pm
From: Gail Coffey <gcoffeywriter...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bears-Wilton
We had a bear come into our yard last night and the night before. Our trail
cam showed the bear in mid-December for several nights. Our feeders are
strung on a rope about 20' up between trees so he could not reach them, but
we had a flat feeder on a pole. We now bring it in-this bear is not
hibernating so seems like this is becoming a new behavior if feeders are
accessible. Possibly climate change impacts as well make it easier to not
hibernate with warmer days and less snow.

Gail Coffey
Wilton,NH