Date: 1/4/21 1:36 pm
From: Kyle McCommis <mccommis...>
Subject: MERLINS - St. Louis City

Sorry for the delayed post, but I believe I saw 2 Merlins yesterday
afternoon (1/3) while biking along the River Des Peres just south of the
intersection of Morgan Ford and Germania. I first thought peregrine, but
when I was able to get a bit closer I realized they were too small, much
closer to kestrel sized. I double checked on eBird and Chrissy & Andy
reported a Merlin in nearby Carondelet park in December. They were mainly
on the eastern side of River Des Peres, but when I tried to get a few
decent phone pictures they did go back and forth to the western side as
well.

Certainly not what I was expecting on my urban bike ride!

Kyle McCommis
St. Louis County