Date: 1/4/21 12:25 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: Re: Long-tailed Ducks
A birder went that Friday afternoon and spent quite a bit of time scoping the inlet/area.  He did not find the 8 LTDUs that I reported that morning. Just before Kenny, LaDonna,and I left the inlet that morning, three young guys came roaring down through the inlet shooting at Coots from their moving boat, which is highly illegal.  I suspect they probably scared off the LTDUs.  I did check the inlet just before dark as I finished my CBC territory and didn't see anything except a few coots.Karen HollidayMaumelle/Pulaski Co. On Monday, January 4, 2021, 02:01:41 PM CST, Carol Joan Patterson <0000003a0ccbe138-dmarc-request...> wrote:

I'm asking the same question a few days later.  Any recent news about the Long-tailed Ducks?

On Friday, January 1, 2021, 10:28:09 AM CST, Daniel Mason <millipede1977...> wrote:

WOW... That's still a life list need for me.
That's about 2 hours or so from here. I'm trying to figure out a few things...
1. will my car make it that far? It's a 1999 buick with over 200k miles and, it has some issues.
2. IF I drove that far, would they still be there?
3. The two kids I have with me today aren't quite up yet and aren't sure if they want to go that far...

Joe Neal, can you just tell me there's one at Beaver Lake today or something? ha.

IF I decide to attempt the drive, I'd be curious if there'd be anyone in that area that would update as they're seen? or even if someone would guide us, IF we head that way. I wont know for a little while if we're going to try but...  8???

Just birding from the couch this morning in Siloam Springs...
Daniel Mason

On 1/1/2021 9:39 AM, ladyhawke1 wrote:

Today, Friday, this morning around 8:15am while doing the Lake Dardanelle CBC,  I found a raft of 8 LONG-TAILED DUCKS, containing 2 males and 6 females. They were in the Lake Dardanelle inlet on the west side of the long causeway on Hwy. 22 going west just before the turn onto Hwy. 393 to Delaware Point. They were swimming in a tight group and frequently diving in unison. Kenny and LaDonna were able to come see them and Kenny tried to get photos, but the ducks were across the inlet closer to the far bank so the photos may be rather fuzzy. Karen Holliday  (Birding in Logan Co.)

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

or click the following link: