Date: 1/4/21 7:47 am
Subject: RE: Deflated, but makes since and very glad to know th...
I found the link to the ABA listing article interesting, thanks for posting that!

I discovered an additional ABA species I did not know I had… gallus gallus. Apparently they are “countable” in Key West.

Now whether I can bring myself to add a chicken to my life list…. I felt like I was cheating to add Nanday Parakeet from Florida a few months ago, so chickens really push my sense of boundaries.

With the controversial additional of Hawaii to the ABA area, and a number of birders accordingly comparing only Lower 48 or Continental lists to keep the playing field even, I wonder how many folks restrict their listing to natural + very widely established invasive (i.e. starling, pigeon, collared-dove, House Sparrow)?

Steve Shultz
Apex NC