Date: 1/3/21 6:45 pm
From: Charlie La Rosa <charlie.larosa...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] redpolls here!
The questioner was most likely me. And I spoke too soon. This morning there
was a mixed flock of redpolls and siskins numbering 50+ and a smaller flock
this afternoon.

Also, yesterday there was a barred owl in the apple tree just outside when
I got up. Feathers all fluffed up against the cold. It was still there,
along with the chickadees and woodpeckers, when I left for work.

Charlie La Rosa
So. Washington

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 2:10 PM Leslie Nulty <lenulty84...> wrote:

> We had a flock of about 20 redpolls 2 days ago - always a warming sight in
> winter!
>
> On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 1:46 PM Maeve Kim <maevulus...> wrote:
>
> > Someone posted a few days ago asking where redpolls and siskins have
> gone.
> > We’ve got upwards of 15 Common Redpolls (one a big bruiser of the
> Greenland
> > variety) at our feeders, and I’m pretty sure I heard a siskin this
> morning
> > but we haven’t seen one yet. There are at least 5 Pine Grosbeaks in the
> > huge spruce trees across the road. Love this irruption winter!!!
> > Maeve Kim, Jericho Center
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Leslie