Date: 1/3/21 6:39 pm
From: Peter Metropulos <pjmetrop...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Short-eared Owl at Cowell Ranch
Yesterday(January 2) I was driving south on Hwy 1 just before sunrise and saw a SHORT-EARED OWL hunting on the west side of the road at Cowell Ranch, south of Half Moon Bay.
Today(Jan.3) I was in San Mateo near the west end of 25th Ave. and spotted a group of 9 WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS foraging above the neighborhood.
Signs of Spring:  A pair of Dark-eyed Juncos copulating, and a Mourning Dove singing, both today in San Mateo.

Peter Metropulos