Date: 1/3/21 6:11 pm
From: Burke Angstman <bangstman...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red-breasted Sapsucker Jefferson County
Seen just east of Morrison Park at the bridge/overpass (Hwy 8). Bird was
just east of the bridge and south of the creek by the green house. Seen
with Diane Davies. Bird was moving around a lot and difficult to ID. Diane
got good photos, I did not - currently identified as a Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker in her checklist but I'm pretty sure it it a Red-breasted
Sapsucker. Red head and breast, white spot in front of eye. White vertical
wing patch. See her checklist for the good photos. Cool bird.

Burke Angstman
Lakewood, Colorado