Date: 1/3/21 5:09 pm
From: Barbara Coll <barbaracoll...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Geng Road Palo Alto - BALD EAGLE and RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER
I just returned from an exciting hour at the baseball diamonds at the end of Geng Road Palo Alto. I was looking for the summer tanager - which I did not see - and was thrilled to see: a BALD EAGLE (and possibly heard another one that was calling from the creek somewhere) and a RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER. Bad pictures and the rest of the checklist https://ebird.org/checklist/S78623101 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S78623101>

Locations:

Bald Eagle on a tall pole on the far side of the creek (North?) from the ramp you walk up to get to the creek path from the baseball diamonds parking lot

Red-breasted Sapsucker was in an eucalyptus tree that it clearly uses regularly. It has just striped a whole bunch of bark off. It was in the tree closest to 1st base of the first diamond.

Hope you get to see these birds there too!
Barbara