Date: 1/3/21 4:00 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] White-throated Sparrow Oak Canyon
I drove into Oak Canyon off Coleman this morning along Capitancillos
Drive. A tan striped WHITE THROATED SPARROW was on the ground below a
feeder with other sparrows, my ninth this season.

Next I birded a small unnamed park where I found an ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRD
finishing up her nest.

Four TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS were seen along Sycamore Creek with an
assortment of creek-side birds. A pair of RED SHOULDERED HAWKS chased
off another of its kind.

A flock of BREWERS BLACKBIRDS along Fortini contained some RED WINGED
and TRI-COLORED BLACKBIRDS. Five each WESTERN BLUEBIRDS and SAVANNAH
SPARROWS were also seen here.
I dipped on the Green-tailed Towhee but could see some likely sparrows
on the ground past the bee hives.

Janna Pauser
Almaden Valley

View/Reply Online (#23381): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23381