Date: 1/3/21 2:47 pm
From: <oharbour...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ Santa Cruz Flats Falcons
External Email

Hello birders,

It was a good start to the New Year at the Flats this morning. We had a
4 falcon day. Just north of Baumgartner on Wheeler we saw a MERLIN
hunting from a perch in the tree line on the west side of the road.
CRESTED CARACARAS were on both sides of the same stretch of Wheeler. By
the end of the morning we saw around 40 all told. We saw several
AMERICAN KESTRELS as we headed to Tweedy & Pretzer, where there were
KILLDEER and HORNED LARKS, alas no MOUNTAIN PLOVERS for us today.

Heading south on Sunshine where it’s unpaved, we got our last falcon, a
PEREGRINE perched on a power pole.

In a wet field south of Baumgartner, there were three GREATER
YELLOWLEGS.

Another lovely morning out with the birds!

Good birding!

Olga Harbour
Tucson, AZ