Date: 1/3/21 12:33 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Shrikes - Sullivan Co.
I poked around a few spots in Sullivan County today and got not one, but two Northern Shrikes. The first was an immature bird at Trask Brook Road in Sunapee. About 15 minutes later I found myself in Newport where I found an adult bird in the usual Shrike area in the fields north of Newport High School. This location is by far the most reliable Shrike spot around and this bird may be the same one returning for the last few years. However, the habitat may just be irresistible for the species. Also at this location was a flock of about sixty Common Redpoll.

-Dylan Jackson
New London

Sent from my iPhone