Date: 1/3/21 11:41 am
From: Pam Hunt <biodiva...>
Subject: RE: [NHBirds] Townsend's Warbler
Another update: Unity and I saw it around 12:40 from Kingsbury, so not as close views. The homeowner came out onto her porch as were about to drive away, otherwise I suspect she’d have invited us to the driveway also. While we were there, the guy who lives at #11 Kingsbury came over to chat, and FWIW, thinks he’s seen the bird at his feeders after I showed him a photo. Take it with a grain of salt, since Steve apparently checked those feeders yday and doesn’t think there’s suet there – but who knows. Clearly the warbler is finding food elsewhere in the neighborhood in any event. From the sightings and anecdotal info compiled so far, it seems like late morning and early afternoon are more reliable times to find it without an interminable wait.

Fun to see it next to a Red-bellied Woodpecker (https://ebird.org/nh/checklist/S78591946)

Pam Hunt and Unity Dienes

Concord