Date: 1/3/21 11:27 am
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]CAZ: Hassayampa R. Preserve BROAD-WINGED HAWK
External Email

Almost 30 minutes ago (around 11:43pm) I photographed an immature BROAD-WINGED HAWK at the Hassayampa River Preserve near Wickenburg (Maricopa Co.). It was circling over the entrance road near the Visitor Center, last seen heading roughly NW. If it continues away from HRP up the river into Wickenburg, the pedestrian bridge over the river next to Hwy. 60 or the adjacent Kerkes Trailhead along the river (both eBird hotspots) could be places to check. The Preserve is open 8am-5pm, trails closing at 4:30pm, on Wednesday-Sunday (closed Monday-Tuesday). We are located near milepost 114 off Hwy. 60/89 just southeast of Wickenburg. Photos of the BHWA at the eBird link here:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S78590018

This week the continuing RUFOUS-BACKED ROBIN, TENNESSEE WARBLER, and HEPATIC TANAGER have been reported at the picnic area behind the Visitor Center.

Good birding,

Eric Hough
Interpretive Ranger
Hassayampa River Preserve