Date: 1/3/21 10:20 am
From: Ed Wallace <mottledduck...>
Subject: [va-bird] Cackling Goose at Roach's Run
All,
This morning I birded several places along the Potomac River. Miserable - cold rain. However, I thought I saw one or two cackling goose in a group of 60 Canada geese about 200 yards away while I was shivering. I snapped a bunch of pictures. Since I was not sure, I did not post earlier till I had a chance to look at my pictures.

The picture in this ebird record looks like the only on I got.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S78557224

I think this is one of the two I saw in DC on New Year's Day on the other side of the Potomac at Hanes Point.

Ed Wallace
811 S. Randolph Street
Arlington, VA 22204
504-343-1433