Date: 1/2/21 7:37 pm
From: bobhirt2004 via groups.io <Bobhirt...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Summer Tanager - yes
Sorry for being late on the Summer Tanager. Seen at around 1PM in trees separating parking lot on Geng Road from the golf course area.

Also Tropical Kingbird was present but it had moved from golf courses snags to across the creek and into San Mateo County at around 12:30PM.

No luck on Brant (literally anywhere) at Shoreline but saw the Barrow’s /Common Goldeneye hybrid on the lake.

Hooded Mergansers were at eastern back corner of perc ponds at Bubb and McClellan in Cupertino.

Later in PM in Coyote Valley found the Ferruginous Hawk in the large oak over the Sod Farm Complex on Palm
just NW of Dougherty.

Good Birding.
Please Always mask up to send the right message, maintain safe social distance, don’t share scope views without sanitizing before and after, and get vaccinated when it’s your turn. If we ALL do this we will have awesome birding in 2021.

Happy New Year🎉

All The Best🙏🥰

Bob

Bob Hirt
(408) 821-2732

Please excuse the brevity, the typos, and the sometimes humorous autocorrect changes.

> On Jan 2, 2021, at 7:11 PM, Joe Parker <jandkparker...> wrote:
>
> Since no-one else has posted about it - the SUMMER TANAGER was found late this morning in the eucalyptus trees bordering the ballfields at Geng Rd. It worked its way down and eventually flew across the parking lot into the large eucalyptus tree behind the oak tree at the northwest? end of the parking lot which is where most of us present saw it. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make sure everyone had a look.
>
> Kathy Parker
> Los Gatos

View/Reply Online (#23379): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23379
-=-=-