Date: 1/2/21 5:36 pm
From: Larry Spivak via groups.io <larry8141...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Mergansers at MvClellen Ponds
Hi All and Happy Birding
A big THANK YOU to Brooke for the Mergansers at the McClellen Ponds, About 12 COMMONS and more than that of HOODED in the ponds., Hooded was a big miss last year even though I chased every sighting for the last 4 months. Special bird of the day was a HERMIT THRUSH sitting on the fence as we walked around the pond., I love surprises like that.
At Sandy Wool Lake, Ed Levin Park, we saw all the ducks, pelicans, cormorants, grebes and herons/egrets we were supposed to see but then walking back to the car I saw a small bird disappear under a car. The tail looked wren-ish so we backed off and watched as a BEWICKS WREN hopped out from under the car. Another wonderful surprise - a parking lot bewicks.
Be safe, Stay Well, Bird OnLarry S;pivak

View/Reply Online (#23375): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23375
-=-=-

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>