Date: 1/2/21 5:09 pm
From: Jason Rieger via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Amazing Eagle Congregation
While surveying the Groton reservoir system with special access for the New London CBC today, Doug Warner, Tim Thompson and I found a huge congregation of 45+ Bald Eagles. They were roosting along an expansive tree line along the coast of one of the reservoirs. The three of us made continuous counts and challenged each other as it just seemed a bit surreal for CT. It will be interesting to research historical high counts in the state.
Sadly, we could not scrape even one Golden out of the horde.

Jason Rieger
Wallingford