Date: 1/2/21 4:25 pm
From: Joe Parker <jandkparker...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Pond A4
The COMMON LOON was still present today on Pond A4 at the Sunnyvale Water Treatment Plant. Also present were both Scaup and multiple RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS. I stopped counting the males at 20 and there were more.

A pleasant surprise today was an adult BALD EAGLE with its full white head perched on the pole at Matadero Creek and E. Bayshore Rd.

I saw both Yellowlegs at the pond at Geng Rd. About an hour later there were both Yellowlegs in the open part of Coast Casey Forebay that fronts Terminus. Maybe the same birds?

I had to go to the Bubb Rd. Perc Ponds for the HOODED MERGANSERS - Bubb Rd. Is named after my GrGrandfather’s oldest brother - John P. BUBB who had a big ranch where the Seven Springs development is now. This was the road that went to his ranch.

Kathy Parker
Los Gatos

View/Reply Online (#23372): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23372
-=-=-