Date: 1/2/21 3:34 pm
From: Brent H. Baker <kyoshi...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Red Crossbills in Newport Today
After chasing them all summer without any luck, I finally saw a flock of
red crossbills on Plum Island Thursday while on a Snowy Owl expedition with
my kids and my girlfriend.

Today, as I went out to shovel snow in the driveway, I heard a similar
jip-jip call from a flock of birds. Running inside to grab my binoculars,
I found a flock of about 30 in the white pines across the street, at the
end of my driveway!

Interesting to end 2020 with Red Crossbills, and to start 2021 with them,
too!

Happy New Year to All!

Brent Baker
Newport, NH