Date: 1/1/21 6:44 pm
From: Corey, Ed <ed.corey...>
Subject: Pettigrew CBC - December 30th
Six parties covered the Pettigrew CBC on Wednesday, Dec 30th. We enjoyed great weather, albeit with a cool start in the low 30s. All groups combined found 114 taxa (tied for the highest total species list). Highlights from the count included:

1st count records for Krider's Red-tailed Hawk, Yellow-headed Blackbird, and Indigo Bunting

2nd - Virginia Rail

3rd - Evening Grosbeak

4th - Red-breasted Nuthatch

Additionally, we had notable species such as Ash-throated Flycatcher and Clay-colored Sparrow, each of which has become anticipated, if not expected, in recent years. We also had high counts of Barred Owl (6) and Black-and-white Warbler (4).

Good birding!

Ed Corey
Inventory Biologist, NC Division of Parks and Recreation
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919 841 4037 Office
919 208 7864 Mobile
<Ed.Corey...><mailto:<Ed.Corey...>

12700 Bayleaf Church Road | Raleigh, North Carolina 27614

#StayStrongNC
Learn more @ nc.gov/covid19

And don't forget your Ws! Wear. Wait. Wash.
WEAR a face covering.
WAIT 6 feet apart from other people.
WASH your hands often.

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Join us on Facebook!