Date: 1/1/21 5:41 pm
From: Christopher Hayward <p_t_nymph...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Black-and-white Warbler and other coastal birds. 1/1/21
Hi All,
Today I did some new years birding locally and down the coast.
The White-throated Sparrow that has been wintering in our backyard showed up bright and early amongst many Crowned Sparrows just after sunrise.
Probably the highlight of the day was finding or re-finding a Black-and-white Warbler at the Half Moon Bay W.T.P. The bird was in a small flock right at the south end of the trail along the creek. This is most likely the same bird Malia and I found a bit downstream at the bridge over Pilarcitos Creek on 12/22/20.
Later Malia and took a drive down the coast, in Pescadero the previously reported Ferruginous Hawk was perched on a fence post in the Ag. fields opposite the entrance to Water Lane.
Next we headed along Stage Road where we were able to re-find the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the eucalyptus trees just north of 1655 Stage Road.
Heading home there was an adult a Bald Eagle sitting in a large snag on the north side of the south pond at Pescadero Marsh. A nice start to the new year.
Have put photos of the Black-and-White Warbler on my ebird checklist, link below.

Chris Hayward and Malia DeFelice
Half Moon Bay.