Date: 1/1/21 5:12 pm
From: David Muth <muthd...>
Subject: Re: [labird] New EBR Big Year Record
Matt--

That is astonishing. In 2004 there was an informal statewide competition for Parish Year lists. I am sure someone compiled the final totals.

In Orleans, Phillip Wallace and I had a friendly competition which I won with 283 out of (I believe) 289 species see in Orleans Parish that year. Phillip was a couple of species behind me. To get so close to that effort by Dan in a parish with no tidewater is amazing.

I am slowly entering my 2004 day lists into Ebird. I am almost finished the first week of April.

David Muth
New Orleans