Date: 1/1/21 4:59 pm
From: Matt Brady <podoces...>
Subject: [labird] New EBR Big Year Record
Hello all. I'd like to take this opportunity to extend a big
congratulations to Dan Lane, who has set a new East Baton Rouge Parish Big
Year record!! He ended the year with a Black-headed Grosbeak in his yard,
not only a fantastic yard bird, but also a fourth Parish record. This was
his 276th species for the year, which is pretty amazing considering he
didn't even really start actively searching out year birds until sometime
this summer, when I pointed out that he had already surpassed any previous
EBR year high count (208 in eBird in 2015). Furthermore, he missed a fair
amount of the first few months of the year as, pre-pandemic (remember those
times?? It was less than a year ago!), he was leading birding tours in
Peru. So, this is an especially impressive total. 276 also ranks as one of
the highest big year totals for any Louisiana parish, rivaled only by a few
efforts by Paul Conover in Cameron.

Once again, congrats Dan!

Matt Brady
Baton Rouge