Date: 1/1/21 1:44 pm
From: Leonie Batkin <leonie.batkin23...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Tropical Kingbird at Holly Cross Cemetery
This morning around 11:20AM a TROPICAL KINGBIRD was present in the southwest
area of the Holy Cross Cemetery in Colma, uphill from the mausoleum, in the
area across from a grouping of flags.

We observed it for about 5 minutes. It was sallying out from one tree and
then flew to another tree where it sat very still. It then flew north out
of sight.

We note that two tropical kingbirds were noted in this cemetery on the 29th
during the San Francisco CBC.

Thanks to Dan Keller, who we encountered at the Oracle lagoon, for the intel
on the continuing Long-tailed Duck. When we saw it around 9:58AM in
Steinberger Slough it was diving frequently near to some large wooden pylons
next to the San Carlos airport. We scoped it from the shoreline behind the
former Marriott Hotel (now closed) at the end of Twin Dolphin Drive.

May 2021 be the best birding year ever for all,

Leonie Batkin

Ron Thorn