Date: 1/1/21 1:25 pm
From: Jane Beavers <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender pjbeavers for DMARC)
Subject: [va-bird] Re: Banded Ipswich Sparrows
Love it!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 8:31 PM, josephine king <dmarc-noreply...> wrote:

Very nice!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 3:06 PM, William Hohenstein <wghohenstein...> wrote:

My son and I came across several Savannah Ipswich Sparrows in the flats
behind the South Beach Parking lots at Chincoteague NWR.  Two of them were
banded and one of those was an old friend. A sparrow we first found in the
winter of 2018-2019 in the exact same spot.  This amazing little sparrow
has flown from Sable Island off the coast of Newfoundland at least three
times and has made the return trip at least twice.  Sable Island is 26
miles long and sits 190 miles off the coast of Newfoundland.
Photos of the sparrows can be found here.  I'll send a report to the
banders later today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/73831614@N00/albums/72157717652015567

Bill

<bird...> To unsubscribe, send email to
<va-bird-request...> with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.  You can also