Date: 1/1/21 7:51 am
From: Tim Kavan <tkavan_76...>
Subject: Re: A Great Year!

I also had a pretty awesome year when it came to birding as I reached several milestones in my birding career. Those milestone events include;
Life list reaching 400 when I went to Stockton lake to observe the yellow billed loon, 410 was mountain bluebird in South Dakota and 420 was the Vermilion flycatcher in Dunklin county MO followed by the Smith's Longspur and holding @ 421
I also eclipsed the 300 plateau for my MO list with the observation of Band-rumped storm petrel that arrived at Otter Slough CA post hurricane Laura.
The ferruginous hawk recently discovered by Timothy Jones (also in Dunklin County) has me currently sitting at 311 for the state.
My New Madrid county list is my highest county tick for the state and I surpassed the 230 tick with an olive sided flycatcher sighting on a private conservation project I have been working with the Landowner on for several years now. I'm currently sitting on 235 for New Madrid county and I surpassed 200 as well in Mississippi county.

When I sit down and look at these numbers I recall many of the sightings and I'm just amazed how much better it could get if I tried just a little harder. Think I'll shoot for 450, 350, 250, 250 by the end of 2021!
Happy New year

Sent from my iPhone