Date: 1/1/21 6:39 am
From: Nancy Rock <nancyroc...>
Subject: Re: First Bird(s) of 2021

Eleven bird species for 2021, and I'm still in bed. First was American Goldfinch. Icy weather, so our annual first day big day is shot, (I think this is the first time 40+ years). Oh well. We still have 364 days to go.

Nancy Rock
Shell Knob, Barry Co.

On January 1, 2021, at 6:59 AM, WILLIAM R EDDLEMAN <eddlemanw...> wrote:

I just opened the door to my deck, hoping maybe to hear a Barred Owl as the first bird of the year. Immediately heard the simultaneous calls of a White-throated Sparrow and 2 Northern Mockingbirds.

Happy New Year, and good birding to all this year!

-Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

Sent from my iPhone