Date: 12/31/20 5:35 pm
From: David Guertin <dave...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Loon
Thanks, Sue. I'm kicking myself because I saw that bird this morning and
misidentified it as a Common Loon! When I first saw it, it looked off
for a Common Loon, and my first thought was Red-throated Loon, which I
have seen there many times before, though not in recent weeks. But that
didn't seem right either, and then I saw two loons that were clearly
Common Loons. After that I never went back to the first one to compare,
so I called them all Common Loons. Stupid me!

I'm hoping that my my first bird of 2021 (or nearly the first) tomorrow
morning can be a Pacific Loon. :-) And if I'm really lucky maybe I'll
find the Tufted Duck this time. Wouldn't that be a great start to the year!

Dave G.

On 12/31/20 3:12 PM, Sue Wetmore wrote:
> A Pacific loon was observed by five birders this afternoon at Champlain bridge. A common loon was present as well giving good comparison of field marks.
> Sue Wetmore , Jim&Chris Andrews, Gary & Kathy Starr
>
> Sent from my iPod

Join us on Facebook!