Date: 12/31/20 3:35 pm
From: Michelle Nelson <mmnelson57...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Greater Scaup PA bay lands
I think I saw that same scaup Tuesday afternoon. It was in that "slough."
It was the only one I saw.
While I was standing there, I saw something else with long pointed wings
doing some flyovers waaaay off in the distance over the bay. It perched,
then flew over the heads of some birds sitting in the water, then returned
to its perch. It was only when I got home and enlarged my picture that I
confirmed it was a Peregrine Falcon.
I actually went up to the Baylands area to look for the rarities but spent
most of my time on the trails with "the usual suspects." On my way home, I
looked for the Summer Tanager and Tropical Kingbird, but didn't see either.
Perhaps it was too late in the day, or I was not looking in the right spot.

Michelle Nelson (Gilroy)

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 4:42 PM Diane McCoy <dianemccoy10...>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Saw this female Greater Scaup in the 'slough' that parallels the 'airport'
> trail at Palo Alto bay lands today around 12 noon.
> Also the Peregrine Falcon was perched for quite awhile on electrical
> tower-pylon just to the left of the Interpretive Center.
> When I got home (Greer Road and Embarcadero) a Red-shouldered Hawk was in
> my neighbor's tall cypress-pine(?) tree and a Downy Woodpecker visited our
> Copper Beech! Along with quite a number of Lesser Gold Finch.
>
> Happy New Year all,
> Diane McCoy

View/Reply Online (#23356): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23356
-=-=-