Date: 12/30/20 11:35 am
From: Emilie Danna <emilie.danna...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Help with backyard visitors ID: House finch or purple finch?
Hi,

A female/immature finch visited my backyard in Sunnyvale this morning. I
think it's a purple finch because of the white eyebrow and the darker color
on the face (
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Purple_Finch/species-compare/63736721)
but this would be the first time I see one, so I would be grateful if
someone can confirm or infirm. Here are the photos of this mystery finch:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JBEpUud5cCjLweBU6

In the same way, could someone help with the identification of this other
backyard visitor? I think it's a pine siskin because of the thin pointy
bill and the faint yellow in the tail but not entirely sure:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rVfB1ZWYTr3dzFmTA

Thank you!

View/Reply Online (#23347): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23347
-=-=-