Date: 12/30/20 8:21 am
From: Ellen Weatherbee <eew...>
Subject: [birders] Need suggestions for new bird-feeding people
They live near the U-M stadium and have had a feeder up for a week, with no avian visitors. They have out suet (with embedded insects—new to me), Bill’s bird blend (oiled sunflower 🌻 seeds, 🥜 peanuts, and corn). The main feeder is positioned near a robust shrub, so birds can perch, hide, and stage from it.

I have have had very successful bird feeding for multiple years—and feed only plain suet and black oilers (and whole peanuts occasionally for the blue jays). But I am in wooded areas with lakes very close by, and surrounded by shrubs.

What else would anyone suggest? Maybe water and a bird bath or ??? And I told them that it can take quite awhile to have a viable bird feeder population. Thanks for any help!
Ellen Weatherbee 🍄 (Pinckney: Patterson Lake and mid-Michigan: Chippewa Lake)

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<F82A4425-2A41-415E-8208-4A23ED2E7AF6...>

Join us on Facebook!