Date: 12/30/20 7:39 am
From: Craig Gibson <cbgibson...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Hartford Crow Roost!
Greetings all,

For those with an interest, had an exciting visit Saturday night at the long standing Winter Crow Roost in Hartford, CT.

It was a cold, dry evening and the streaming, staging, and roosting Crow activities were exhilarating to watch and behold!

Over past few days, have been in contact with members of the team of Hartford CBC counters who have been tracking and counting
this roost for years. Recently, they have had big variations in their roost counts, and have shared a number of invaluable
lessons on the very unique task of counting Crows, in and around an overnight winter roost, at dusk, in the dark, and with all
types of wild flight patterns around the general roost area. A list of lessons learned is at bottom of post and well worth a look!

Please review the lessons learned list and share other ideas you might have by return email. I'm working on a Winter Crow Roost counting
guide and welcome inputs.

Also, please provide any/all updates on crow roost activities in NH for one of my January roost road trips!

Blog: http://www.wintercrowroost.com/hartford-crow-roost/

Enjoy,

Craig Gibson
2020 Crow Patrol