Date: 12/29/20 6:34 pm
From: Allen Chartier <amazilia3...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Orion Magazine | 9 Rules for the Woke Birdwatcher
I have been on this list for perhaps 2 decades. From the beginning, it has
never been appropriate to complain to the entire list about what may or may
not be within the (rather broad) guidelines of the list. Those inquiries
are always to be addressed only to the listowner.

The posting in question merely provided a link that can be visited, or not,
without providing any commentary on the content. Responses to this post,
including mine, expressed approval and interest in the content, but did not
share any details of that content. So, what could possibly be objectionable
about that?

The content at the link discusses, among other things, how we should
understand our fellow birders, appreciate the feelings and experiences of
our fellow birders, understand how history has affected our fellow birders,
explore ways to improve relationships with our fellow birders, and how we
should respect our fellow birders. Anyone can disagree with these points of
course, but specific arguments should be made on the content, not by
attempts to shut these important conversations down.

Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan
Email: <amazilia3...>
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mihummingbirdguy/collections/