Date: 12/29/20 2:40 pm
From: 'Blake Allison' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Sage Thrasher Still on Sight Tuesday
As I was arriving around noon, a departing birder told me she had seen the thrasher about 11:30 am. She said she had seen the bird feeding on the trail's right hand side about 100 yards north of the parking area. Seeing other birders at that location, I went up to join them. Around 1:00 pm, as I was chatting with a birder from Rhode Island, I saw a brownish bird drop into a low shrub at trail side not more than six feet north of us. We quickly located the bird feeding on the bush's small, red berries. As others have reported, it seemed very unconcerned with our presence. We had a five minute, close range viewing that ended when the noise of a passing bicyclist scared the thrasher off.
Blake AllisonLyme, NH 03768-3400