Date: 12/29/20 1:57 pm
From: Tom Grey <tgrey...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Cedar Waxwing flock in yard
I've had wintering Cedar Waxwings at my backyard fountain for the last
several years, apparently drawn by the red berries in neighboring gardens.
But this winter, despite plenty of berries, I hadn't seen any waxwings, nor
hardly any of those other berry lovers, the robins. Could this be yet
another, if minor, manifestation of the curse of 2020?

This morning for the first time, a good number of robins were using the
fountain, and not long after I saw my first yard waxwing of the season,
with more of the beauties following. Six of them even got together for a
group picture. An omen for the coming year?

https://pbase.com/tgrey/image/171307434

--
Tom Grey
www.pbase.com/tgrey