Date: 12/29/20 11:29 am
From: The Seeker <the_seeker11...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Binocular choices
You should look over these reviews. A Nikon pair in the lowest cost group was reviewed very well. As for the magnification, your friend should think of where she will be using the binoculars, if it will be backyard, or relatively close distances, the 8X should be fine. However, if she might want to use them around a lake or other longer distances, the 10 X would be better.
Because I often go to a park with a variety of situations I use a pair of 10 X zoom binoculars there.

Mike

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 1:20 PM, ddarm ddarm<ddarm...> wrote: I have to admit that I am out of the loop on the new offerings of binoculars out there. A friend has come up with these suggestions as potential starters for her. Anyone have any comments on experience with these brands?Feel free to reply off list.Thanks!Dea

Nikon Monarch 5 HG 8x42 available at REI for $280     the 7 from B&H for $477Vortex Vipers HD 8x42 from their site for $640 including harness or 2018 model (?make a difference) from B&H for $490, no harnessZeiss Conquest HD 8x42 $999 - maybe $850 if I get the discount code...from Zeiss or B&H - same price

Deaver D. Armstrong

<ddarm...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<E269977A-128D-4C65-8893-D2E654199568...>