Date: 12/29/20 11:04 am
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: FAYETTEVILLE CBC 93 SP+3 CW
Hope everyone is having good CBCs, even with working under covid restrictions. We wound up with a fairly normal number of field observers,35, plus a few more at feeders. We observed 93 species on count day, December 20, and another three for count week; 96 is very respectable for us.
The radical stand-outs I mentioned in a post a few days ago: Rufous Hummingbird, Summer Tanager, and Surf Scoter. We also had American White Pelicans, several singing Western Meadowlarks, and what was once a very rare bird in winter here, Marsh Wrens. One group also had great views of a winter rarity here, Red-shafted Flicker.
As per instructions from National Audubon, we did not hold a traditional, fun after-count social and data tally -- or as would be termed right now a “super spreader” event. Bob Caulk took on the task of organizing and tallying the bird data. I am quite proud of our Northwest Arkansas Audubon Society VP, Joanie Patterson, who rounded us up a Common Goldeneye.

or click the following link: