Date: 12/29/20 9:05 am
From: Jim Deming <birdbrain.jim...>
Subject: Re: Nest Cam Hardware?
My Arlo cameras are adequate to identify critters in my back yard at night (raccoons, opossums, feral cats) with motion sensing lights. During the daytime, they are sometimes activated by birds on the feeder, but the image isn’t adequate for identification. I don’t know how that would work in a nest box.
Mine have rechargeable batteries, but can be hard wired.

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 29, 2020, at 10:39 AM, John Kennington <johnkennington...> wrote:
>

> I've been asked for recommendations for a nest cam for a Screech Owl box, from someone in Tulsa who has had them nesting in boxes in their yard in the past. It would be within wifi range
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this, or have recommendations?
>
> Would some of the new security cameras work? I believe Jim Deming was using them (Arlo?) to see what was at his feeder at night, so I think that had some night vision capabilities?
>
> Thanks
> John Kennington

Join us on Facebook!