Date: 12/29/20 8:55 am
From: 'jochen roeder' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Orion Magazine | 9 Rules for the Woke Birdwatcher
Very interesting read for sure. And I - as a German who had to learn all those bird names by heart in a relatively short amount of time - can whole-heartedly agree with the notion that North America could do with less references to humans in bird names, regardless of how deserving or not the memory of that person is. They are utterly confusing. :-)Cheers, and happy birding trails!Jochen

Am Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2020, 17:26:08 MEZ hat Lisa Lava-Kellar <lisalk...> Folgendes geschrieben:

Thank you, April.  I got goosebumps reading this. Lisa
On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 11:05 AM Penny <dorfdoom...> wrote:

A very good article.
Penny

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<7D0BD657-CD1D-442C-95E9-DED06025DEA8...>